February 22, 2012

Flying Dog Wildeman Farmhouse IPA

Not too long ago, Flying Dog made a special 25th Anniversary beer for Bierproeflokaal In De Wildeman in Belgium. It was an IPA with Citra hops, fermented with saison yeast. It was very delicious. Flying Dog's new Wildeman Farmhouse IPA uses a slightly different recipe. It's their first new addition to the year-round lineup since Raging Bitch. It is a decidedly different recipe, because I am not as much of a fan of this as I was of the original, which I was fortunate enough to have at a special Flying Dog event at Frisco Tap House in Columbia, MD. The new Wildeman is good, more saison-like than the original, sweeter, and more unbalanced. I characterize the original In De Wildeman ale as being a "bright" IPA, while Wildeman is more saison with extra hops. It's not bad, just too different from the original to impress me.

Wildeman Farmhouse IPA

No comments: