September 26, 2011

Bell's Amber Ale

Based on my experience, many amber ales tend to be rather tasteless. Most craft brewed amber ales aren't bad per se, but they're rarely exciting. Bell's Amber is a welcome exception. This beer hits you with a sweet, malty, and just slightly hopped aroma. It has a rich copper color. The taste is a perfect balance of malt (pale, caramel... with flavors of bread and nuts) and hops (grassy, bitter, very light pine). It starts off a little sweet and finishes just slightly bitter. Creamy body, soft carbonation, easy to drink, and thirst quenching. I haven't had a Bell's Amber since last summer, and I'd almost forgotten how much I like it.

Bell's Amber

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Mmm Bell's Amber. I haven't been able to have this yet this season, thanks for the reminder.
And your pictures are damn good, by the way.

Cheers!