International #IPADay is a grassroots movement to unite the voices of craft beer enthusiasts, bloggers, and brewers worldwide through social media. On Thursday August 4th, craft beer drinkers across the social sphere and across the globe will raise pints in a collective toast to one of craft beer’s most iconic styles: the India Pale Ale. This celebrated style represents the pinnacle of brewing innovation with its broad spectrum of diverse brands, subcategories, and regional flavor variations – making it the perfect style to galvanize craft beer’s social voice.
#IPADay is not the brainchild of a corporate marketing machine, nor is it meant to serve any particular beer brand. #IPADay is an opportunity for breweries, bloggers, businesses and consumers to connect and share their love of craft beer. Getting involved is easy; the only requirements are an appreciation for great beer and the will to spread the word. Anyone can participate by enjoying an IPA with friends, making some noise online with the #IPADay hashtag, and showing the world that craft beer is more than a trend!
Tips on How to Take Part:
- Organize an #IPADay event at your brewery, brewpub, restaurant, bar, home, or office (Example: An IPA dinner/cheese pairing/comparative or educational tasting/cask night/tap takeover). Share your events on the official #IPADay forum at http://www.ratebeer.com.
- On August 4th, share your photos, videos, blog posts, tasting notes, recipes, and thoughts with the world. Be sure to include the #IPADay hashtag in your posts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, RateBeer, Foursquare, Gowalla, Yelp, Untappd, or any other social media site.
- See what other people are saying by searching “#IPADay” on Google, Twitter, etc.
- Track down your favorite IPA’s, ones you’ve been meaning to try, and ones you’ve never heard of; share them with friends and share your thoughts with the world.
- Have a good time and know that by sharing your experiences online, you’re strengthening the craft beer community at large.
Founded in 2011 by beer evangelists and social media personalities Ashley V. Routson and Ryan A. Ross, International #IPADay is the largest grassroots social media-based celebration of craft beer. The goal of #IPADay is to use social media to strengthen the collective voice of craft beer through the simple celebration of beer itself. The success of #IPADay hinges on the passionate voices of beer enthusiasts worldwide and their willingness to share that passion across the social sphere.
For more information on events or how you can support #IPADay, visit http://ipaday.eventbrite.com.
I am really excited about this! I've been thinking about organizing a tasting and food pairing thing for my craft beer drinking friends for a little while now, and this is the perfect excuse to do it. The only drawback is that if I do that, I won't be able to attend of the undoubtedly awesome events that my favorite beer purveyors will probably be having. Perhaps I'll take the day off, visit my favorite beer spots in the afternoon, and do the tasting in the evening. The cogs are turning...