May 18, 2011

I need to get some...

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin', if you know what I mean. Lagunitas calls this an "American Pale Wheat Ale". It just seems mostly like an IPA to me, but what it does seem to have in common with a wheat beer is that it's lively and light. Dangerously light in fact. It's 7.5% ABV, and this got me into trouble at a party last week, when I drank 4 in under an hour and had to get a ride home. There's a lot of orange and some honey in the flavor, maybe a little wheat, some lemon, and it's more malty and has less piney sweetness than a lot of other IPA's. I love, LOVE this beer. I've had plenty of other beers from Lagunitas before, but I'm kicking myself for not trying this until recently. This is an extremely satisfying beer to drink, and I'm looking forward to stocking up for hot summer evenings.

No comments: