March 27, 2011

Hoppyum

Hoppyum is an IPA from Foothills Brewing of Winston-Salem, NC. Typical ambery, coppery, orangish color with the usual fluffy white head. Not strong, kinda dry, very earthy, the usual grass and pine, orange peel. Want hops? You got it! Cascade, Centennial, and heavy on the Simcoe. 70 IBU's and 6.3% ABV. Overall, very smooth and not too intense, making me think this is really more of a regular pale ale rather than an IPA. Not that it really matters. Very refreshing and drinkable, perfect for pretty much any time of year. I'm happy I picked up two bottles when I was at Bruisin' Ales, because I can't get this stuff back home in Maryland.

I've also had Foothills' Seeing Double IPA, Total Eclipse Stout, and the beer for which they're probably most well known, Sexual Chocolate, an imperial stout infused with cocoa. Though I've only had a few of their beers, I highly recommend anything they offer based on my experiences. Delicious stuff!

Hoppyum

1 comment:

Mike Burns said...

This beer looks great. I'd love to get my hands on any Foothills' beers!

We'd love it if you shared this picture on BeerCraving.com