December 14, 2009

Recently acquired

Last Friday, Robin and I spent part of the day doing some Christmas shopping on the Avenue (36th Street) in Hampden (Baltimore, MD). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything for anyone I actually needed to shop for. Bummer. On the bright side, being in Hampden did give us the opportunity to stop at The Wine Source on Elm Street just off the Avenue. The store name is a bit misleading because in addition to their large and rather unique wine selection, they also have hundreds of craft, foreign and micro brews, a large selection of spirits including uncommon and small batch varieties, and even a dedicated sake section. Obviously, my beverage of choice is beer, so with a little help from Robin I picked out 7 brews that I've never had before. I would have taken more time to look through the seemingly endless racks of beer, but we only had 18 minutes left on our parking slip.

Here's what we got:
  • Green Flash Imperial IPA
  • 21st Amendment Monk's Blood
  • Maredsous Abbey Tripel
  • Aventinus Weizen Eisbock
  • Aventinus Dopplebock
  • Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Golden Ale
  • Brasserie Dieu du Ceil Solstice d'hiver

Photos and reviews to follow...

No comments: